Reliable detection - 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Axis thermal network cameras outperform a visual camera in dark scenes and are a great tool for detecting people and objects in 24/7 surveillance, from pitch dark areas to a sunlit parking lot.
Axis thermal network cameras create images based on the heat that always radiates from any object, vehicle or person.
A thermal camera is less sensitive to problems with light conditions, such as shadows, backlight, darkness and even camouflaged objects; and delivers images that allow operators to detect and act on suspicious activity – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Axis offers the following thermal network cameras
Thermal cameras are excellent for detecting people, objects and incidents from pitch dark to sunlit and other challenging conditions. Thermal cameras do not, however, deliver images that allow reliable identification – that is why thermal cameras and conventional cameras complement and support each other in a surveillance installation.
Thermal cameras do not require any additional light sources – conventional or IR – that consume energy, create shadows and reveal their locations. And, in contrast to conventional day-and-night cameras that depend on a certain amount of near-infrared light to function, thermal cameras deliver reliable surveillance images even in complete darkness.
Enhancing any professional IP-Surveillance system
Thermal cameras can handle many difficult weather conditions better than conventional cameras, e.g. allowing operators to see through smoke, haze and dust. Thermal cameras typically also provide better accuracy in intelligent video applications.
With affordable IP-based thermal network cameras from Axis, thermal imaging is a realistic option for enhancing any professional IP-Surveillance system.
Axis thermal network cameras are ideal for intelligent video and typically offer higher accuracy in analytics than conventional cameras, because they are less sensitive to light conditions.
- Detect objects, vehicles, persons or incidents even in complete darkness and make it impossible for individuals to hide in shadows or blend in against complex backgrounds.
- Do not demand any additional light sources and handles many difficult weather conditions including smoke, haze and dust.
- Cannot be blinded by strong lights or put out of order using laser pointers, etc.
- Are available as out-of-the-box outdoor-ready products for cost-effective installation.
- Are affordable enough to be a realistic complement to many network video installations.
- Require minimized storage and bandwidth due to support for industry-standard video compression techniques such as Motion JPEG and H.264.
- Are ideal for intelligent video and typically offer higher accuracy in analytics than conventional cameras, because they are immune to light conditions and normal shadows. The cameras offer video motion detection, active tampering alarm, and provide capacity for third-party analytics modules, including support for AXIS Camera Application Platform.
- Support Power over Ethernet to supply power to the camera via the network, eliminating the need for power cables and reducing installation costs.
- Include the industry-standard open interface VAPIX® which ensures support for the market’s broadest range of video management systems including AXIS Camera Station.